Wednesday, November 24, 2010

hello, blog world!

And, hello. As you can see in the header, I'm planning on using this as a craft-ish type blog... We'll see how it goes.

So. I suppose I'll get started by telling a little about my life, and what's been happening to me lately. I've been living for the last 4 months in Albania with a missionary family, and in a few weeks, I get to go home for Christmas! Yay! And it's actually due to the prompting of my fake sister Hannah (who has a pretty cool blog herself. Check it.) that I decided to make a blog for myself. I have a dream that someday I'll open my own little quaint coffee shop/handmade jewelry/craft shop someday... not sure whether that's just wishful thinking or not. But I figured that if I get enough visitors to my blog who take an interest in the things I make... well... maybe it's possible. If not, I just might make an etsy for myself. I just might regardless ;).

And now, for the grand ribbon cutting for my new little blog, how's about a little whet-your-appetite look at the earrings I've been making for the Christmas Bazaar:  

I know this isn't a very good picture if you want to see an actual "these are my earrings", but, t'will come later ;)

I'm pretty proud of these. They're actually made out of ring forms, and I did what I do best -- using something for the purpose it was not intended. Oh, how I love to create :D. 
Goodbye blog world! Hopefully I won't forget about you ;).

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm first!! welcome to blogland my little allibell!

Allison Gingerich said...

Darling, thou tellest me to respond, therefore, respond i must. there. i've responded.

Bethany Geib said...

Very cool, Allison! Lookin' forward to reading/seeing more. : )

Anonymous said...

Great! I will watch your blog carefully!:)
I miss you! Lene

Bryant said...

nice pics alli :) It will be really great to have you back at home again. Miss you tons. ;)